TRANSON STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Services provided by the Company (Subject to detailed arrangements agreed with individual clients) Origin Services: Provision of suitable packing materials. Packing, wrapping and protecting all items for shipment including listing and labelling. Provision of steamship container/shipping lift case(s) and/or storage containers. Loading and packaging all items. Preparing and distributing all necessary documentation and instructions.
Transportation Services: Arranging and paying for all en route transportation by land, sea and/or air including port handling charges, bunker, and congestion and currency exchange surcharges. Attending to customs export formalities.
Destination Services: Attending to customs clearance formalities at destination. Providing inland transportation, co-ordination of delivery services, unloading shipment and unpacking, setting up and reassembling furnishings. Disposing of packing materials.
Exclusions: Quotations are based on packing and loading to the schedule agreed. Destination services are based on reasonable access to the delivery residence and continuous unloading and unpacking. Changes to the schedule may result in additional charges. Our quotations exclude demurrage or detention charges, customs duties, taxes, or brokerage fees associated with arranging payment of such duties and taxes; en route storage, abnormal destination access and special services such as carpenters, electricians or other trade people.
Storage Services: Goods that are being "left behind" are treated as a separate shipment, packaged and loaded into storage containers and held in modern secure warehouses until the owner returns and delivery and unpacking is required. Storage charges are based on a one time charge for preparation and transportation to the storage warehouse; a monthly charge for storage and further one time charge for delivery out. Storage insurance is available at an additional charge.
Terms and Conditions for moving and/or storage services for household goods and personal effects between the Clients (the Owner) named in this documentation and Transon (A division of Manchester Shipping Co. (LLC) (The Company), doing business as Transon
The Company and the Owner agree that this transaction shall be governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates within which the Company's issuing office is situated and within which office this Contract shall be deemed to have been made.
2. Company's Liability
The Company's liability shall be limited to the value of the actual loss or damage to a maximum liability of USD 0.60 per lb. per article, piece or package with the exception of Boats, Automobiles, or other motorized vehicles, for which the maximum liability is USD 0.10 per lb. in the case of international shipments. The corresponding liability for the domestic shipments within the UAE shall be USD 0.30 per lb. per article, piece or package with the exception of Boats, Automobiles, or other motorized vehicles, for which the maximum liability is USD 0.05 per lb. For the purpose of converting the volume of the package into weight, 1 Cubic Metre shall be considered equal to 200Kgs or 440 lbs. and vice versa. The Owner may, subject to completion of a valued inventory and application to be completed prior to the commencement of packing, purchase All Risk Insurance arranged through the Company, in which event coverage will increase to the values so purchased and the terms and conditions of the Insurance Policy will apply.
3. Compensation of Company
The compensation paid by Customer shall be included with and is in addition to the rates and charges of all carriers and other agencies selected by the Company to transport and deal with the goods and such compensation shall be exclusive of any brokerage, commissions, dividends, discounts or other revenue received by the Company, directly or indirectly, from carriers, insurers and others in connection with the shipment. On ocean exports, upon request, the Company shall provide a detailed breakout of the components of all charges assessed and a true copy of each pertinent document relating to these charges.
The Company will not be liable for the following losses or damages.
- (a) Loss or damage caused by wear and tear, dampness or atmosphere, extremes of temperature, deterioration, moth or other insects, inherent vice and hidden or internal damage to goods not packed or unpacked by the Company or its agents;
- (b) Loss or damage to documents, accounts, specie, bills, currency, money, notes, securities, jewellery, watches, precious stones, furs or any similar items.
- (c) Breakage, chipping, marring, denting or scratching unless the item is packed by the Company or its agents;
- (d) The contents of packages and articles in drawers of furniture unless packed by the Company or its agents;
- (e) Mechanical or electrical malfunctions of items with electronic or mechanical components such as entertainment or household appliances, computers, auto mobiles or other vehicles or boats unless evidenced by external damage to such items;
- (f) Piano tuning;
- (g) Deterioration or injury to perishable foods, plants, and congoleums of linoleums; (h) Damage to waterbed mattresses however caused;
- (i) Delays caused by faulty or impassible highways; lack of capacity of any high- way, bridge, ferry or caused by breakdown or mechanical defect of vehicles, vessels or aircraft;
- (j) Goods placed in storage are stored at owner's risk in case of fire.Storage rates do not include insurance.
5. beyond Reasonable Control
The Company is not liable for loss, damage or delay caused by an act of God, public enemies, riots, strikes, acts or defaults of the Owner, the authority of law, quarantine, failure of any carrier en route, the costs of marine general averages or any cause beyond the Company's reasonable control.
6. Absence of Owner or his Agent at Loading or Delivery.
Where, through no fault of the Company, the final carrier is unable to effect delivery to the Owner or at the Owner's request the shipment is stopped and held en route, the goods may be kept at a public, licensed warehouse, subject to reason able charges for storage and there held at the risk of the owner, without liability to the Company and subject to a lien for all freight and other lawful charges including a reasonable charge for storage. Where the Company is directed to take property from a place or places at which the Owner, or his agent, are not present, the property shall be at the risk of the Owner. Similarly, goods shall be delivered at Owner's risk at places where no authorized person is present to receive and sign for the shipment.
7. Rights of Subrogation and Payment of Lawful Charges
The Company is entitled to recover from any shipping line, airline, railroad, road carrier or warehouse man involved in this contract, the amount of any loss, damage or injury that it may be required to pay hereunder, caused by or resulting from their handling of the goods. Loss or damage en route shall not relieve the owner from the Owner's obligations hereunder to pay freight and all other lawful charges accruing from the moving and/or storage services.
8. Explosives and/or Dangerous Goods
Any person, whether as owner or agent, shipping or storing explosives or dangerous goods without previous full written disclosure of their nature to the Company or its agent, shall indemnify the Company against all loss, damage or injury caused thereby and the goods may be warehoused at the risk and expense of the Owner.
9. Storage of Household Goods
- (a) The Owner agrees
- (1) To notify the Company within 20 days from the date the Company mails the Warehouse Receipt to the last known Owner's address of any stored goods not listed on the receipt. Failing such notification, the Company shall be responsible only for the goods listed on the Warehouse Receipt.
- (2) To notify the Company in writing and within 30 days of any change in address.
- (3) To pay all or any charges for storage services as provided in this Agreement. Storage charges shall be assessed monthly or quarterly in advance of each month or quarter or part thereof. Accounts are payable forthwith when invoiced and thereafter, subject to a service charge of 1 1/2% per month on a monthly compound basis.
- (b) Written notification of any adjustment to monthly storage charges will be provided 90 days in advance.
- (c) The Company reserves the right
- (1) To transfer the goods stored hereunder to any other Company or agent's warehouse within the local region. Such transfer will be at the Company's expense and subject to providing the Owner with written notification of the change.
- (2) To terminate the storage contract by providing the Owner with 90 days written notice. In the event that the Owner fails to remove the goods in the time specified then the Company may do so at Owner's expense.
- (3) To require seven (7) days written notice of intended total removal of goods from storage or of any access for examination or partial removal. Delivery and/or access charges are in addition to monthly storage rates and will be charged at the rates prevailing at the time.
- (d) The Company shall have a general lien on any and all property deposited with it. In the event that storage and other related charges are not paid when due, and after the required notice to the Owner and public announcement, the goods shall be sold at public auction, as required by law, with the proceeds going firstly to pay accrued storage and related charges and the expenses incurred in the sale of the goods.
- 10. Claims
- Any and all claims for loss or damage to the goods shall be submitted to the Company. Initial written notification of such loss or damage, must be reported within 15 days of delivery of the goods. A full written report, setting out the detail of the claim, including estimates of the amount claimed must be submitted to the Company within 45 days of full delivery. In the absence of these notification the Owner hereby waives and agrees to waive all claims for loss or damage.
- 11. Imports
- When the Company acts as a sub-contractor to deliver imports the Terms and Conditions covering such shipments are those contained in the contract between the Client and the Originating Mover.